Shaw’s Grocery Store, Montpelier, VT 1/2014 -Current
- Various tasks as needed to ensure proper functioning of store.
JD Fox Presents, Vermont 1995-Current
- Nonfiction, fiction, poetry (clips available)
- Author platform: com
Current Non-Paid Vermont Experience
Associate Editor, Mud Season Review
- Vet submissions, respond to feedback requests, use social media, and provide staff with status updates to help keep the journal on track.
Mentor, Everybody Wins VT!
- Read one-on-one with a second grade student at Union Elementary in Montpelier VT.
Volunteer, Kellogg Hubbard Library
- Take books and read to the kids at All Together Now in East Montpelier through KHL’s outreach program. Assist library vista by posting events throughout the month to various online calendars.
Copy Editor, Flynn Center for the Performing Arts
- Actively solicit and schedule writers. Proof and edit submissions for the Flynn’s show blog, which typically features a preview of an upcoming show and a follow-up review.
Blogger, Burlington Writers Workshop
- Write posts about the elements of writing and the writing life.
Montpelier Friday Night Group Facilitator, Outright Vermont
- Provide a safe meeting space twice a month for queer youth to discuss what’s on their minds. Have previously chaperoned and assisted with its Queer Youth Summit.
Vice Chair, Pride Vermont 2014-2015 committee
- Various tasks as needed to help ensure a successful pride. Run meetings in chair’s absence.
Indiana Work Experience
Office Team, Indianapolis, IN 2010-2013
Professional Work via Assignment:
- Stand For Children (canvassing and educational advocacy)
- Marion County Election Board (processing early voting)
- Ogletree Deakins (copy center / mail room operations)
- Qmark (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) audit)
Qwest (now Century Link), Denver, CO 2000-2009
Records and Information Analyst (2004-2009)
- Developed and managed corporate records secure destruction program
- Wrote company policies, procedures and other informational materials
- Served as liaison and subject matter expert to business units
- Conducted training to diverse employee base
Human Resources Information Services (HRIS) Analyst (2001-2004)
- Supervised Human Resources team
- Managed personnel records centralization project
- Conceived and implemented HR error check process improvement
- Oversaw employment verification
Administrative Assistant (2001)
- Hired on as full-time staff
- Managed file room
Records Clerk (2000-2001)
- Temporary assignment via staffing agency
BA in Philosophy, University of Colorado Denver
- Graduated with distinction, 4.0 GPA
- Involved in various extracurricular activities including philosophy club and school newspaper.
Mud Season Review
22 Church St
Burlington VT 05401
Kellogg Hubbard Library
Outreach Coordinator (I volunteer for her)
135 Main St
Montpelier VT 05602
Phone: (802) 223-3338
Everybody Wins VT!
25 School St
Associate Professor of Philosophy
University of Colorado Denver
Denver CO 80217
Shaw’s Grocery Store
2 Main St.
Montpelier, Vermont 05602